Thursday, January 17, 2019

Slipper Socks

I made it to the 19th wedge. This is the first wedge using just colour D.
20th wedge - D
21st wedge D & E
22nd wedge E
Cast off with E.
I went to aircanada.com yesterday morning and it said the plane coming to Vegas was late leaving Toronto. At that point it was half an hour late. I assumed (not a good thing) that it was on the way. When I got to the airport I found out the plane was an hour and a half late. UGH! I sat by a huge window watching the planes landing and taking off. Lots of knitting time.

Churchmouse Yarns and Teas has a new pattern.
Chunky Slipper Socks - the pattern is free.
“Soft, sturdy, snuggly!”  
Slipper socks are one of our favorite quick knits. In a chunky yarn they’re even quicker—and cozier! The Chunky Slipper Socks, a free pattern reminiscent of our Turkish Bed Socks, have a few added, clever details. With a sturdy heel, a pretty slip-stitch edging around the ankle, and oodles of warmth and squish, we never want to take these slippers off our feet! 
We’ve knit our Chunky Slipper Socks in one of the cuddliest yarns on our shelves—Rowan Cocoon! This chunky-weight yarn is a softly spun blend of merino and mohair. Unlike most mohair yarns, Cocoon isn’t brushed to a fuzzy finish. This means the long mohair fibers twist smoothly alongside the merino for great structure, sturdiness, and softness!
We have a few balls of Cocoon in the store priced at $10 each.

We also have balls of Charly on sale at $4 each - you will need 3 for a pair of the Chunky Slipper Socks. Stock up and starting making gifts.

A few other yarn ideas
-tosh chunky
-Cascade Eco +
-Arranmore
-Rowan Brushed Fleece
It was great to sleep in my own bed last night. Unfortunately the sleep wasn't long enough. I'm going to finish my row, throw a load of clothes in the washing machine and head to bed.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

I always had knitting needles packed for all of those waiting times. I carried the regulations allowing knitting needles on planes in my knitting bag. I never had a problem knitting in airports or in the air, but if I hadn't had those regulations with me, who knows....