Monday, December 03, 2018

Melanie Berg

Melanie Berg designs amazing patterns. This is True Colors (pattern purchased on Ravelry).
During December she has an Advent Calendar. Every day she offers a different pattern for a discount. The discount starts early in the morning - by the time I blog about it the discount is almost finished. There are two ways to find out which pattern is on sale

Follow Melanie on Instagram
Follow Melanie on Facebook

Check first thing in the morning so you don't miss out on her amazing patterns. It's the time to stock up. You won't be disappointed - her patterns are very well written.
Drachenfels is another one of Melanie's beautiful patterns.
Miller's Daughter is knit with three colours of lace weight yarn. Gorgeous.
One of my favourite shawls to wear is Quicksilver.

It's that time of year when you want a really easy knit. Maybe for a gift. Maybe for yourself. The GAP-tastic Cowl (pattern free on Ravelry) fits the bill.
The GAP-tastic cowl is an easy knit you’ll want to make again and again! This fun cowl is a great beginner project for new knitters who want to practice knitting and purling, and it’s a fantastic mindless knit for experienced knitters. Either way, the GAP-tastic is a classic accessory that you’ll wear all of the time. It makes a great gift, too.
I used 3 skeins of tosh home for mine. With it getting dark so early I need to think about my blog posts earlier so that I can get pictures outside.

Deb sent an email today to tell me that Andrea Mowry has put out a call for test knitters for her next sweater. Take a look at the sweater - it is beautiful.

I've been tracking parcels and we'll be waiting a bit to receive them. I'll post the minute they arrive - I can't wait to see all the amazing colours.
-GarnStories has been sitting in customs for 2 weeks
-LITLG left Ireland last week but hasn't been accepted by Canada Post yet
-Hedgehog Fibers cleared customs on Friday and is sitting in Mississauga

I'd like to say that Nightshift will be finished tonight but I don't think so. I have some paperwork to do and then I need to start collecting the Christmas decorations from the basement. We are hosting friends on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I want the house to look festive.

No comments: