Friday, July 06, 2018

Kaffe's Colours

I am so excited. It's less than a month away until we see the new books from Rowan.

Kaffe's Colours is amazing. All the designs are knit in Rowan Felted Tweed.









There will be 8 brand new colours of Felted Tweed coming. These were designed by Kaffe for his patterns.
I can't wait to have these sitting on the shelves with the other colours. What a great addition to the line.
Felted Tweed is a beautiful blend of 50% merino wool, 25% alpaca and 25% viscose. The yarn has a beautiful tweed effect, perfect for fairisles, striping and other colour work and is the obvious choice for winter projects. The rustic colour palette makes this yarn a firm favourite, with shades ranging from cool, watery tones, to warming cherry red and fiery ginger.  *Please note, this is a lightly pre-felted yarn. 





I love Linen Stitch. Imagine the Striped Linen Stitch Wrap from Churchmouse knit with new colours.
Our fervent love of linen stitch continues. The eight-color wrap take on a convincingly woven look. Knitted length-wise, with knotted self-fringe, they look like they’re right off the loom. The ‘wrong’ side has a more knitterly seed stitch look that’s gorgeous, too. Seemingly random striping sequences are quite forgiving—if you run out of a color, just throw in another!

Thinking about fall Rowan reminds me of a day when my mom was really mad at me (and my dad). It was a Saturday in August - either 1989 or 1990. Mom was working in the store. I was at home and was supposed to be studying for an exam. Mom called home and dad told her that he was busy helping me roll skeins of yarn into balls. The fall Rowan had just arrived and I needed to start a new sweater. She was so mad. I was supposed to be studying. Not knitting.

No comments: