Friday, June 22, 2018

What's a Snood?


A free pattern from Erika Knight.
Summer Breeze A pretty and drapey snood knitted in four different lace patterns. 
materials yarn: erika knight studio linen 85% recycled linen/15% premium linen approx. 120m/131yds – 50g/13⁄4oz hank  
quantity: 2 hanks  
3.75mm/US 5 circular needle 100cm/40in long large eyed blunt tipped sewing needle  
extra knitting needle for three needle cast/bind off
Studio Linen is a very nice yarn to work with and it blocks beautifully.

You might be asking - what is a snood? It's a term my mom liked to use and we kept telling her that we don't use that term - call it a cowl. And now Erika uses it in her description :)
a wide ring of knitted material worn as a hood or scarf



I've been working on the madelinetosh section of the website so we're ready when the shipment arrives on Tuesday.
The new colours coming in tosh merino light look amazing.


I brought Fading Point to work with the intention of getting pictures outside. I didn't make it out there before the rain started so here is an inside picture.
I'm about to start the garter section on colour 3. I need to get moving on this. Something tells me that I might be casting on a Comfort Fade Cardi Tuesday evening.
There was a surprise waiting for me when I got to work this morning. Everybody who came in the store commented on how beautiful and big it is.

No comments: