Sunday, June 24, 2018

The best laid plans

There hasn't been any knitting today (read below) so I'm showing pretty pictures from Hedgehog Fibres. This is Flying Fringe - a free pattern on their website.

Easy rectangular scarf in garter stitch knitted on the bias. You will be holding two strands of fingering weight yarn together for a marled effect. To create a similar looking marl only change one strand at a time. You won't have to worry about weaving in the ends, they will become part of the fringe. 
YARN 
Hedgehog Fibres 3 different skeins of Sock Yarn and/or Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles and 9 different Sock Minis. Both samples were knitted using a mixture of the two bases. Total yardage approx. 1900m including fringe. Yarn held double throughout the project, try changing one strand at a time.



Yesterday afternoon I started to add the new madelinetosh merino light colours to the website. I wanted to be ready for the shipment arriving on Tuesday. The new shades have pretty pictures and I decided to change out all shades. It sounded like a good idea at the time. It took a bit but I have all the shade cards updated for current colours. I can't do it for discontinued colours.

These are from two different browsers on my computer. It takes time for the pictures to populate through - and they can populate differently on different computers. It might look better on yours. Hopefully by the end of the week the shadecards will look much better. 
This is from my iMac. I'm not patient and want them all correct now :) Beth just looked on her computer and the picture is much prettier there.

Now I'm going to knit a few rows. Imposters is on soon and we are finally getting somewhere.

No comments: