Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Coming Soon

Last night I mentioned TNNA in June. We are going to Cleveland this year. I'm looking forward to a new city. And one that is a short drive. Just over 4 hours. I should have booked my hotel sooner. I ended up in the hotel that is about a 10 minute walk away. The good thing is that my hotel has a Starbucks. And it's cheaper.

I called my friend Amanda at Lorna's Laces/Mrs. Crosby this morning to place an order and talk about what will be new at the show.

I'm very excited about our conversation

1. Joji is designing a shawl pattern that will be available mid to end of June. It is knit in Shepherd Sock - a colourway that Joji designed. I can't share pictures yet but Joji has shared some on Instagram. Take a look at April 25March 28March 22 and March 16. We will have the yarn in Joji's colourway in time for the pattern release.

2. I've been dreaming about Fading Point kits. Amanda is going to dye special colourways for us. There will be three different kits available. Grey, purple and denim. All kits will grade from very dark to almost cream. The base will be Train Case - one of our favourite yarns.
This yarn is a soft & beautifully hand-dyed blend of superwash merino, nylon and Outlast - a rayon fiber technology that continuously interacts with a body's microclimate to moderate temperature from being too hot or too cold
3. There will be four new colours from Mrs. Crosby for fall.

4. Fiona Ellis is designing a sweater pattern in Mrs. Crosby Hat Box.

5. Miriam Felton is designing a shawl pattern in Mrs. Crosby Hat Box.

I saw this awesome bag on Atenti's Instagram feed last week. Oh my goodness. I have ordered 2 - one for me and one for the store.
by the grove prairie  
The Atenti By the Grove Prairie - Rich multi-colored flowers in plush velvet raise over a bone colored linen canvas background. Opening wide with a 14” snap frame closure, the Atenti Prairie bag shows off a fully lined water resistant taffeta interior. Inside are a zippered pocket and an open divided pocket with a cell phone slot. Double straps with a 6.5" drop and an extra detachable and adjustable crossbody strap (21" drop).

Yarn is on the way to Lynda. She is going to make a Log Cabin Afghan. It will be only one colour - which is kind of a lie because every ball of Kureyon has many colours in it.
We are out of this colour of Kureyon now but should see it next week.

Mr. UPS brought in a big box of Rockshelter Sock. Lynn and Alex took it away from me because I wanted to keep making kits. They are busy doing something else right now so I might sneak it past them into the front room and play.

These three colours would work great for Free Your Fade.
Here is my Free Your Fade knit in Adelaide from Primrose. Now I want to make another one,


Of course I put together a new combination for Fading Point.

We are on a spring cleaning/straightening spree in the store. Tosh merino light has been counted and the website is up to date.

I'm out of the store tomorrow golfing. I don't want to (LOL!) but am going with Beth to the Mission Services tournament. It's for a good cause and they requested that she come. I wonder what trouble Lynn and Alex will get into.

No comments: