Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Candygram

Remember when I mentioned on Monday that Sarah can knit? Cathy just finished this for her.
Yes, Sarah is spoiled 😋
Pattern: Candygram Cowl (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: Woolstok. 2 skeins each of 1301 and 1303.
Candygram Cowl :: It’s cowl season people! This design features a really clever 4 round repeat, worked in 2 high contrast colourways, resulting in a totally reversible cowl. The key is the slipped stitches, no stranded knitting required, it’s so easy!
Cathy also made one for herself in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. 2 colours, 2 balls each. Cathy said that it is a nice mindless knit that works up fast. Instant gratification.

Linda and Kerstin came in yesterday morning with some knitting to show off. It was too cold for me to take the knitting outside,
Linda is working on Find Your Fade in Hedgehog Skinny Singles. She went darker this time (she's already knit one in bright summer tones) and it is phenomenal.

The colours are
Wish
Dragonfly x 2 (we had two skeins that were very different - one is used near the start of the shawl and the other near the end)
Truffle
Vengeance
Raven
Hurricane

Linda finished Dotted Rays - Speckled Fade in Rockshelter Sock. Another beauty.


Kerstin finished Knit 'n Slide from Stephen West. I'm really sorry that I didn't take this outside. There are so many colours in the background that take away from her amazing colours. She made the larger size using Rowan Kidsilk Haze in the border.

The ladies did amazing work. I tried to keep them all but they figured out my plan.

I've been working away on Kimba but it will be put away soon. I can cast on Lilli Pilli at 6 Friday morning. The Olympics will be on my TV morning, noon and night. I have printed off a great schedule for my dad. The print is big which makes his life easier. He hates to use the guide on the TV. It's more fun to flip between channels. This way he knows what events are on at what time.

We had a lot of snow in Ancaster this morning. I shovelled when I got to work and had to shovel when I went to get lunch.
Fresh snow is so pretty though.
I'm home and it's time for knitting. And reality TV. Celebrity Big Brother and The Amazing Race. The Launch is on as well. How about last week's winner - a young lady from Ancaster.

No comments: