Thursday, November 23, 2017

Leather Closure

Wannietta knit a cardigan for Beth a long time ago. It was too small for Beth but now it fits. We were supposed to have a zipper sewn into it but that didn't happen. Beth wants to wear the cardigan tomorrow so we added The Latch Leather Closure from JUL. There are four up the front and it looks great. My pictures of the full cardigan don't look great so I'm going to ask you to take my word for it.

When we finally find the time to take the cardigan in for the zipper, we can unscrew the leather closures and use them for something else. Or if I decide that I want them for something else they are easy to remove.


Happy Thanksgiving to our friends south of the border. I hope you are enjoying your really long weekend. I enjoyed watching football this afternoon. And a bit of knitting. I've been working on Match & Move. The pattern is super, super easy. It is the same row over and over again until you reach a certain number of stitches. Then you repeat the same two rows until the shawl is finished. Perfect for planes, trains and automobiles. I'm going to work through this colour because I want to see how the fourth colour plays. Then it is going to be put away until our flight next Friday.

I made a few adjustments to the pattern

-I'm knitting on a 3.75mm needle. The pattern says 2.75mm-3mm but I think that the fabric is too tight on that size needle. I also want my shawl to be bigger

-I'm fading in the colours. I worked the first colour (A) until I was 8 rows less that the colour change. Then I did 2 rows of B, 2 rows A, 2 rows B, 2 rows A. Now the repeat will go 2 rows of B, 2 rows A, 2 rows B, 2 rows A, 32 rows of B, 2 rows of C, 2 rows B, 2 rows C, 2 rows B, 32 rows of C...

Now back to it for a few more rows before bed.

No comments: