Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Cheshire Cat

A huge box just arrived from Frabjous Fibers. We are very well stocked in Cheshire Cat mini skein kits. I've knit two shawls in the Cheshire Cat and really like the yarn.

For the Fleece Festival we used the kits to make Hitchhiker.

Lynn is wearing Shillings and Pence.
Wannietta is wearing Too Much Pepper.
Sarah made hers with a SweetGeorgia Party of Five kit in the colour Swell. (I didn't want to cut her out of the picture - she looks good wearing her Hitchhiker)
Cathy knit her Hitchhiker in Lime to Turquoise.

I think I need to make Hitchhiker in Jub-Jub Bird.
Lynda knit Chevrione (pattern purchased on Ravelry) before the Fleece Festival in Freia's Shawl Ball.
She is making it again (it is so beautiful) in a Cheshire Cat kit in the colour Mimsy. I LOVE purple but I don't have many purple scarves. I can't wait for this one.


We decided to rearrange this afternoon. Some summer yarns needed to put away and it's time for the bulky/get it knit quick yarns. I love Rasta from Malabrigo. One skein will make a cowl and you can make that cowl in one evening.
A lightly-fulled single-ply yarn of magnum proportions! Whip out a super-cozy accessory in just hours with this super-sized delight of a yarn. Our premium Uruguayan merino is just as soft as ever, and Rasta comes in a range of our unique “watercolor multi” colorways as well as a rainbow of semi-solid basics. Unbelievably squishy, this is the yarn to turn to when you want the ultimate in warmth (or the ultimate in speed!)
There are 16 pages of patterns on Ravelry for Rasta.

It's just about time for Survivor. I'm not really sure who I want to win. It's been an interesting season so far.

No comments: