Sunday, October 23, 2016

Snowflakes

Cathy brought in her latest FO - a very pretty scarf.
Pattern: Snowflake Party (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: One skein of Yarn and Soul
Tiny snowflakes are my favorite things in nature: They are fascinating geometric little creatures, delicate and short- lived. When I take a walk in winter and the wind blows some of them on the sleeve of my coat, I look at them with my kids, and they make all of us smile. The shape of the water molecules forming them is such that snowflakes will always have six arms and a hexagonal outline, which makes them hard to incorporate into knitting. So when I found a little six-armed lace snowflake motif, I thought they would look lovely having a ball on a cute shawlette. It is knit on the bias and is mostly garter stitch, so it is a relaxing knit with a little snow-flakey twist.
One 400m skein of fingering weight yarn will work for the scarf - I have a feeling that we all have one of those in our stash. If you want a new skein, our next shipment from Hedgehog Fibres should be arriving this week. It is in customs right now.

This colour is Medusa. I can't wait to see it dyed on the Skinny Singles.

The colour I really need is Pistachio. I ordered extra of this colour just to make sure there are skeins for me.
Today was spent working on Building Blocks. I'm on the last section of the first clue. I hope to finish this section tonight and start on the second clue tomorrow.

No comments: