Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Fall Rowan

I've been working away on my shawl. The yarn is great to knit with and I love how the colours are changing. I got into it so much that I went too far before starting the lace. 16 rows too far. There is no way I was going to start ripping out. I'm amending the pattern a bit - my lace starts a bit further down.
Did I mention that I love how the colours are coming out? :)

A email newsletter just arrived from Rowan.
We wanted to get in touch regarding some changes that we will be making to the Rowan range for Autumn Winter 2016. You may have heard some scraps of information alongside some rumours, so we wanted to bring you the official, latest news straight from the Rowan team.

We are very excited to move forward in a way which we see as a return to our roots and a way that originally enabled us to become the design focused team that we are today. Although we will be reducing the size of our overall range, this decision was taken so that we can better concentrate on our yarn favourites such as Kidsilk Haze, Felted Tweed and Cocoon to name but a few.
August will see the 60th edition of our prided Knitting & Crochet Magazine and we hope that you will be as pleased with the collection as we are. We feel that the 43 pieces represent everything true to Rowan over the past 38 years. To celebrate, we will be holding a special anniversary event with Kaffe Fassett in Hertfordshire – watch out on knitrowan for further updates in our news area!

We continue to have the pleasure of working with all of the designer names most associated with Rowan, including Kaffe Fassett, Martin Storey, Sarah Hatton and Lisa Richardson.
Here is a sneak peek at Magazine 60.



Last week I talked about Kidsilk Haze. The colour combination in this pictures is awesome. Can't you imagine a shawl with these?

After work I visited a very happy place. Terra Greenhouse.


The colours are very inspiring. Picking out a plant for the front porch was very hard. I think I'd still be there is the store wasn't closing.

No comments: