Sunday, September 27, 2015

Ley Lines


My Auburn Wave in Jilly with Cashmere is growing. I really enjoying knitting with a single ply yarn. This got me thinking of another project that I knit in single ply but haven't shown finished pictures. I had this shawl in the fashion show at Camp and took pictures yesterday afternoon.


Pattern: Ley Lines (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Silk Single

I used three skeins for my shawl but I made it bigger than the pattern called for. You can make it in two skeins but you need to be careful. Your cast off is gradual and worked over many rows. If you do too many rows before you start then you will run out. Hence, take three skeins, make it a bit bigger and there won't be any worries.

The shawl can be knit in any fingering weight yarn. The possibilities are endless but here are a few suggestions
-tosh merino light
-Mrs. Crosby Satchel
-Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
-Dream in Color Jilly
-Dream in Color Everlasting Sock
-Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere
-Malabrigo Sock
-Malabrio Mechita
-Manos Alegria
-Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20
-Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Glitter


From the designer - Joji Locatelli
It is amazing how our focus shifts in the most random ways and, like happened with this design, it often takes us to a very creative place when we let it wander around. The ribbing in this shawl will let your imagination and attention wander around too while you work its very simple instructions, and will leave you amazed at the direction your knitting took when you bind off the last remaining stitch.

There wasn't much knitting today. Beth was golfing so it was me and the dogs. They aren't very good at changing the channels on the TV for me. What a busy day. NFL. Blue Jays. Nascar. Golf. And a nap too. Now it's time to sit and get a bit of knitting accomplished.

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

absolutely beautiful!