Friday, December 19, 2014

Rowan Loves....

At the beginning of January we will be traveling to Phoenix, Arizona for TNNA. This is the trade show that we go to twice a year to buy new yarns, books, needles, bags and accessories for the store. Many shop owners pass up this show because it is smaller than the show in June. Not me. Why would I pass up time in the sun? And Phoenix has many, many golf courses. The clubs are going and we will get in a few rounds. Last show Beth and I started something called The Quest. It is a scavenger hunt on the show floor. We're doing it again at his show. The Christmas break kind of throws a wrench into things. We need to have everything done by Tuesday. EEK!

There is still that thing called Christmas shopping too. I can honestly tell you that I haven't started. And it won't start tonight after work. It's the finale of The Amazing Race.
We just received an email that the new book from Rowan, Rowan Loves, is on the way. I'm guessing that it will be in the store the week between Christmas and New Years.
A collection 9 designs featuring a selection of beautiful garments and accessories by Sarah Hatton, which can be knitted in Kidsilk Haze or the Felted Tweed in either of the two garment options given for each design.
Andrea
A design by Sarah Hatton using either the gorgeous Kidsilk Haze or the beautiful Felted Tweed. Kidsilk haze has a lace yoke and the Felted Tweed has a textured yoke both with optional long or short sleeves.This is for an intermediate knitter.

Gemma
A design by Sarah Hatton using either the gorgeous Kidsilk Haze or the beautiful Felted Tweed,with a ribbed crew neck and deep ribbed sleeve cuffs.This is for the beginner knitter.

Vicky
A design by Sarah Hatton using either the gorgeous Kidsilk Haze or beautiful Felted Tweed, can be knitted with either long sleeves or sleeveless with a v-neck. This knitting pattern is for a beginner knitter
I can't wait for it to arrive. The designs look amazing!

I'm home now and The Amazing Race is finished. I don't want to say anything in case you are taping it.  I don't dislike the team that won but there was another team that I wanted to win more.

Now it's time for bed. Sorry, that was a lie. I need to tidy the house (people are coming through tomorrow) and then bed. No knitting tonight. I'm looking forward to Sunday when I can sit on the couch all day and knit.

No comments: