Sunday, September 01, 2013

Stressful Knitting Night

I was working on Aileen last night and found an issue. I had to rip back 20 rows on the left front. Thankfully it was only 40 stitches so not too bad.

Beth started her monkey at the same time. We had to learn a new technique. Intarsia in the round.
This is something that I have never done before. The pattern is well written with lots of pictures. I was the co-pilot. Beth figured it out herself and did a great job.

Around 10pm I received a text from Wannietta. There was a problem on the finishing of the Amalfi Poncho.

This is the start of the poncho. The triangles are knit in the MC.

This is the end. The pattern asks for you to do the ending triangles (top part of the picture) in the main colour. There is something wrong about this. We looked at pictures from the magazine and figured out the problem and solution. Wannietta is going to take out the ending triangles. Then she is going to take back the last 12 rows in the contrast colour (grey, green and blue) and do the finishing triangles colour in the contrast. We decided that it didn't matter if the triangles were different front and back.

Wannietta will finish it up and bring it to the Knitters' Fair. I can't wait to see it.

Today is going much better.
Sleepy Sunday is done. All the tassels are on. All ends are sewn in.

Jane just stopped by with the Arizona Dream throw that she knit. It is the Denali version in Walkabout Creek. Fabulous. One day it will look great in Myrtle Beach.

Wheaten is growing nicely and I love the colour. The cables show up great in the dark colour.

It's time to get back to Aileen. I hope to have the knitting finished and start on the front band by the time I go back to work on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

How pretty! So many great projects. I just love seeing what you are making.