Friday, August 16, 2013

Horizon

One of Classic Elite's new yarns for fall.
Horizon is a soft, single-ply, wool blend yarn in a bulky weight for quick, warm knits. Its gently variegated colors create a smooth transition from one to another - with a strand of slubby silk adding interest in the form of a subtle tweedy look.
Description:48% Wool, 30% Acrylic, 15% Alpaca, 7% Silk
Handling:hand wash cold/lay flat to dry
Colorways:10
Gauge:3 1/2 sts/inch on US 10(6 mm)
Skeins/Garment:10/LS
Put up:ball
Skein Weight:50 grams
Skein Yardage:87


Designs from Classic Elite's book 9228 Horizon





I really, really like this yarn. When my yarn rep showed it to me it was a no brainer to order it. When I saw the garments at TNNA I was really happy that it would be in the store.

I thought that the order from Colinette would be here today but Mr. DHL didn't show up. I guess it will be coming on Tuesday.
The box has kits for the Ab Fab Throw. We had this kit many years ago (I still have samples) and we are going to be carrying it again. There are 5 different hand dyed yarns from Colinette in the kit and there are 6 different pattern options.
Five colourways are coming along with five colours of the Arizona Dream kit. Here are the colours we will have next week...

Speaking of which-here is my Arizona Dream so far
I'm not sure how much knitting there will be tonight. I'm dog sitting while Beth goes to my parents to play cards with them and some of their friends. We don't like leaving Roko too long unsupervised. Just in case he decides to get into trouble. Kind of like having a teenager :)

No comments: