Wednesday, April 10, 2013

It happened

It was a busy TV night last night which meant lots of knitting. Eos is growing. Somewhere in my head I still think that I might get Shadow and Eos done for the Frolic.

It happened today. I tried to stop it.

Two skeins of Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 jumped into my knitting bag. I'm sorry to everyone who didn't get this colour. I have sent another order into Zen and asked them to make me something as close to this colour as possible.

Kim opened her purse and there was 2 skeins in there as well.





A parcel arrived from Ann yesterday with some samples for the store. In a perfect world I could take them outside for pictures but it is raining like crazy in Ancaster.

Countess Mitts
A delicate lace vine travels up the center of these feminine mitts. Adorn your hands with beauty and practicality.
2 balls of Blue Sky Alpacas Royal Petites - 100% alpaca. They feel good on your hands!!
Welted Fingerless Gloves from Churchmouse Yarns
Knit in Rowan Felted Tweed - 1 ball is all you need.
“As pretty as they are practical. And the perfect gift.”
It's never too early to start planning for Christmas.
Turkish Bed Socks
1 skein (50grams) of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. We used Christmas at Downton

The pattern is from Churchmouse Yarns.
They make great gifts as they’re easy to fit and don’t take a lot of yarn. They’re nice for around the house. And terrific for travel. 
My picture isn't going to entice you to knit them (I guess I should have put them on-but the colour looks good) so here is the picture from the pattern.

They look really comfy.

For the next few days I'm going to be glued to my computer and the TV. It's Masters weekend. Unfortunately the TV coverage doesn't start until 3pm so I will be watching online in the morning.

Survivor tonight. In the commercials it talks about the men joining together and voting off the women. I don't think that will happen-the men never get it together to form an alliance.

There was a small break in the rain so I ran outside with the cardigan that Ann knit
The pattern is from Sirdar. Book #441 for their new yarn Americana.
The yarn is Rowan's Revive.
Purelife revive is Rowan's wonderful tweed effect, fully recycled summer yarn. It has a beautiful rusticity.  Recycled Cotton: 36%, Recycled Silk: 36%, Recycled Viscose: 28%
The yarn feels a bit hard and I don't mean that in a bad way. Cables look amazing in it! There is lots of body so your garment doesn't have a droopy look to it. And it is tweed which you won't find in many summer yarns.

I'm going to try and get a few rows done on Shadow before heading home. Are we getting bad weather tomorrow??

No comments: