Monday, April 30, 2012

Tanis

A few weeks ago I contacted Tanis and ordered yarn. Lucky for me, and doubly lucky for you, she brought the yarn with her to the Frolic. We have lots of goodies.

The Fairview Scarf
We have patterns and the beautiful yarn
Size: finished scarf measures 14” x 62” after wet blocking.
Yarn: 1 skein of Tanis Fiber Arts Red Label Cash Silk Single 115g = 420 yds.
Needles: 4mm straight or circular. Or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 20 sts and 30 rows in lace pattern after wet blocking.
Red Label Cashmere Silk Single

The softness of cashmere and the sheen of silk blend with perfection in this single ply yarn.
  • 75% merino,15% cashmere, 10% silk
  • 115g (4 oz) = 385m (420yds)
  • gauge: 7 sts per inch
  • needle: 2.75mm needles (U.S. size 2)
  • hand wash, lay flat to dry.
We have
-stormy
-olive
-charcoal
-dove
-shadow
-plum
-chestnut
-velvet
-mallard
-brick

We also received more Purple Label Sock.

Today was a long day. I was out of the house at 10 and didn't get back until 8. There was banking to do. Tax returns had to go to the post office. I spent some time in the store trying to unpack boxes. Anyone who comes tomorrow will think I am lying because it is a disaster. Jane is coming in for a bit tomorrow so hopefully we can get it somewhat straightened. Then I went to help Beth for a few hours. I kind of owed her for the help she gave me on the weekend. Dinner with my parents and then furniture shopping. We bought their bedroom furniture, coffee tables for the living room and dining room table and chairs. All from Urban Barn. I am very jealous. Now it's rest time. If I keep working in front of the computer I will never get to sleep tonight. My knitting and Top Chef is calling me.

No comments: