Thursday, April 12, 2012

OH NO!!

Sarah and Cathy met me at the store before class last night so that we could go for dinner. This is the Austin Hoodie that Lynda knit. I showed a picture of the cardigan on a mannequin a few weeks ago but it is so much better on a human. Thank you Sarah for modelling.

We have the pattern in the store or you can buy it on Ravelry.

The original pattern was knit in tosh merino light (we have lots in stock and more on the way). We knit our sample in Solemate from Lorna's Laces.
Solemate - the same yarn I talked about in yesterday's post. If you visit the store make sure you feel the cardigan. The yarn is super soft. Socks in it would be amazing!

Canada Post still has my last box from Lorna's and that box has all the Solemate. Hurry!!

I hope Blogger figures out what their problem is. Not being able to Preview my post is starting to bother me. For some reason I can keep reading this and I won't find mistakes. If I read it in Preview I normally find the typos. Maybe I should highlight normally. :)

Unfortunately we didn't go for dinner to an establishment that serves alcohol. When we moved downstairs for class Sarah asked me to try and teach her to crochet again. OH NO!! The last time we tried this it didn't go well. The ladies in class were worried that things could go bad.

Between the two of us we got this far on a granny square.

Sarah did very well. There was no yelling or crying. I think she will be able to go home and start making squares. She flies back to England on Tuesday so I hope she remembers what she is doing.

A confirmation came through today that there are 6 boxes of yarn on the way from Madelinetosh. I hope that US Post and Canada Post get them here quickly. Last year the shipment didn't make it in time for the Frolic. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Prairie
This is a new yarn for us.
Prairie is a 100% superwash merino wool, single-ply, lace weight yarn. With a generous 840 yards per skein, one skein is more than enough yardage to complete a full sized lace project. Each incredibly soft skein is hand-dyed in small dye lots and machine washable.

  • cove
  • opaline
  • tart
  • wicked
  • grenadine
  • worn denim
Merino Light
  • lolita
  • opaline
  • wicked
  • firewood
  • grenadine
  • heuchera
  • lowland
  • manor
Merino
  • wicked
  • grenadine
  • heuchera
  • lowland
  • worn denim
Merino DK
  • opaline
  • onyx
  • warm denim
  • manor
Lace
  • manor
Almost all the kits for the Frolic are done. I thought I was done and then I remembered the box from Lorna's Laces. Now there is the problem of the two samples that aren't finished. Hockey is on so I'm moving upstairs to work on Tiny Tea Leaves. The body is finished and I have knit about 2" on the first sleeve.

No comments: