Thursday, March 15, 2012

That darn Barry

I only got four rows knit last night. One row was a killer. To give the 3D look of leaves the pattern has you doing something close to bobbles. Knit 3, turn, Purl 3, turn then do a decrease. It took forever.
I got a few more rows done in the store and had to do another killer row. I got part way through and then we had many customers. I'm not complaining about customers. Wish I never had time to knit in the store. :) The row needs concentration and picking it up and putting it down isn't good. So I put it aside until tomorrow. I didn't even bring it home tonight. Something else got in the way.

We received a few more kits from Trendsetter for the A-Mazing Blocks Cross Front Vest in the Marshmellow Twist colour way. I couldn't stop myself. There isn't enough for a picture but there will be tomorrow because once I am done this I am going to knit.
Barry Klein is the owner of Trendsetter Yarns and has an amazing eye for colour. If Barry is putting together colour combinations you know they are going to be great!! I loved this when I saw it at TNNA and knew I wanted a sample for the Knitter's Frolic.
Marshmellow Twist

Pamela dropped off a flyer in the store for a new knitting meetup in Dundas
The Around the Bay Knitters Guild and the Dundas Library invite you to a monthly drop-in for knitters-new and experienced-at the Dundas Branch of HPL. Guild members will offer encouragement and advice for beginners and everyone at all skill levels can share craft ideas and enjoy the membership. This program is Free and you don't have to belong to the Guild to attend.
The first meeting is Wednesday March 21 at 6:30 pm. Watch the Around the Bay Blog for more information.

It's knitting time! Hope you are doing the same.

No comments: