Friday, January 13, 2012

Knitrowan.com has more free patterns

It's very early on Friday morning. Okay early for me. For some reason I was up at 7:30. Instead of going back to bed I decided to get up and start my day. That included a cup of tea and sitting in front of the computer and reading the forums on Ravelry. This lead me to Rowan's website where you will find new free patterns. Josh Bennett (Boy Meets Purl) has done six designs for men.



Lower East Side
This cabled patterned sweater knitted in our new beautiful yarn Summerspun, is the perfect pullover for the season. This pattern is for intermediate knitters.
I can't wait for Summerspun to arrive.
Summerspun is a beautiful yarn in a 50% Merino Wool and 50% Cotton blend. The yarn is made by twisting a printed cotton end and a melange wool end together, resulting in a wonderful subtle striping effect. Available in 12 lovely shades, Summerspun is a joy to knit and crochet.


Rowan magazine #51 and the new yarns should be leaving the US on Monday. We might have them in the store by the end of the week. Cathy will have fun going through them before I get to see them. This will be the first time ever that I haven't been in the store to open the boxes of new Rowan. Yes, I am pouting a bit as I am writing this.

The clock says 8:55. It might be time to get dressed. The store doesn't open until noon today but I'm going in early to get mail orders packed.

Last night I went through my room and rounded up yarn. It was mostly skeins of madelinetosh that I have been hoarding for myself. I'm not going to knit them right now so I thought it was better to put them back on the shelf and let others enjoy them.

As you can see it is much later in the day. I'm home from work with the fireplace on, a cup of tea and my knitting is beside me. The collar is almost done on the Noro cardigan I am knitting. Maybe tomorrow. Then I just need to sew in the sleeves and do the side seams. There should be no problem having it done to take away with me.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

What a great way to start the day. Rowan is my favorite knitting-related company. I'm going to check this out. Thanks for the heads-up.