Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Holly

I had a blog post written and was ready to hit Publish when Jane walked into the store this afternoon. Scrap that post. Okay, it is saved for tomorrow. Jane brought in Holly. She's almost done and it is absolutely beautiful.

Here is the back.

Jane has picked up over five hundred (yes I wrote 500) stitches around the edge. This is just for the front. The back will be same.

She timed herself and it takes 45 minutes to work one row.

And the front. The edge is curled because there are way so many stitches on the needle. I got her a 150cm (60") circular to hold all the stitches and they just fit.

This is truly a work of art. I don't know if I will be able to wear it-it might hang on the wall beside my blanket.

3 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Just fabulous! Wow.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Beautiful....

Unknown said...

Jane, that is magnificent. You have to be one of the best knitters I know. Wow!