Sunday, June 05, 2011

Super Storm

It is 10:45 on Saturday morning and you would think it is 10:45pm by how dark it is outside.  Unbelievable.  The power is starting flick on and off which means I could be losing the internet for a while.

Here are a few more pictures from Norah Gaughan Volume 9. I can't wait to see the garments in person next weekend.

Callen is knit in Blackstone Tweed. This is one of my all time favourite yarns.
Richly textured panels of intricate reversible cables stream across an open long sleeved cardigan.
Nyx is shown in Blackstone Tweed Metallic.  This is a new yarn for fall-Blackstone Tweed with a bit of glitz that knits to the same tension as Blackstone Tweed. I will be looking at this next weekend to see how it looks when it is knit up.
Plaited cables frame a center lace panel of a dreamy rectangular scarf joined at the ends to form a loop.
Auberon is knit in Ultra Alpaca.
A voluminous seed stitch pullover is embellished with interlacing cables and i-cord bobbles.
It's now Sunday morning.  I wrote my post yesterday morning and then the store got busy and I kind of forgot about it.  Last night our friend Oliver flew in from New Zealand and we went to the airport to pick him up.  Oliver runs Naturally Yarns in New Zealand and is here for a few meetings before we head to Columbus on Thursday morning.

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather outside. I have work to do for Beth and then hope to spend a bit of time in the backyard knitting.

1 comment:

Irene said...

these look marvellous. enjoy your day.