Friday, January 28, 2011

Finished projects x 3

Things got away from me yesterday and it was bed time before I realized that I forgot to post.  To make up for it I have lots of pictures today.

Emma posted this on Ravelry yesterday and gave me permission to show the picture
I finished blocking Calsada today. This is a really easy scarf pattern, you knit the edging first and then the short row body of the scarf. It is an interesting construction, although I found that I needed to go down two needle sizes as it was going to be massive. It took me a while to figure out how to block it, but it turned out nicely. Here is a pic of it blocking:

Calsada is a design from Katherine Matthews (Purl Diving).  I really wanted this scarf but knew that Emma would knit it faster (and do a better job) than I would do.  The yarn is Prism Saki in the Cabernet colourway.  It is funny that Emma is bringing the scarf in tomorrow-a box just arrived from Prism with 10 different Saki colourways.

A parcel arrived from Lynda this morning.

Pattern:  Valentine Cardi designed by Laura Chau. Pattern from Spud & Chloe
Yarn:  5 skeins Spud & Chloe Fine
Colour:  7819 Orangutan
Size:  Medium

I really wish I would remember to send buttons to my knitters.  I didn't have time to sew any on today so I have used a shawl pin from Romi.

Take a look at the scarf!!

It is finished (even the ends are sewn in)

Pattern:  Hitchhiker Scarf (you can purchase this pattern on Ravelry)
Yarn:  1.5 skeins of Prism Saki 
Colour:  Portofino
Needles:  3.25mm

And a close up.  I really like how the colours came out.

A finished project means that I can start something new!!  I am going to show some restraint though and try and get another project finished over the weekend-the tosh pashmina scarf I am knitting.

No comments: