Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blast from the past

There were lots of visitors in the store this afternoon.
Ms. Canada Post brought a huge box from madelinetosh-merino light and vintage
Mr. Canpar brought another huge box that was full of Katia Triana and Ondas
Mr. UPS came with two boxes from Rowan-Kim Hargreaves magazines and yarn for the shelves

Now I need to find out where I am going to put it.

For the past two weeks I have been saying that the Hitchhiker Scarf is almost done.  It is still almost done.  When I get home at night I think that there will be time to sit and knit.  Either work gets in the way or I am too tired to pick up the needles.  Maybe tomorrow??

I talked about sending parcels to Ann and Lynda.  Lynda will be knitting with Noro Taiyo in colour 18.  I have to think before I send out parcels to my knitters.  Ann can't have Noro.  It always takes at least an extra ball because she needs to match up the stripes.  Not me (and hopefully not Lynda).  I have no problem with fronts of a cardigan that don't match.

This cardigan is from Noro Flowers (last summers book from Jenny Watson).  A few customers have knit this (Karen, Kathy and Sandra) and it looks great so I am having it knit for the store.

Ann is going to knit with Berroco Origami.  Salvador is from the new book for spring (#305)
A gorgeously unique dolman sleeve cardigan, Salvador cinches closed with a simple twisted tie.
Dolman sleeves. Wow. A blast from the past.  Think about the sweaters you knit years ago and have stuck in the back of the closet.  Now you can bring them out and wear them.

Triana and Ondas??
In Triana we have
42 Harvest
50 Sea Green and Blue (the colour on the pattern)
45 Fuchsia
46 Violet
40 Cream

In Ondas we have
78 Black/Grey
70 Greys with brown and beige
76 Violet

I am going to try and get an hours worth of knitting in before bed.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's funny - I usually knit the body of a cardigan in one piece, so with Noro, the stripes would match. I actually prefer that they don't match so I don't have horizontal stripes going across my hips!