Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer is ending

Today is my last Monday off before fall.  Okay, I will have next Monday off but that is a holiday so it doesn't count.  I can't run around doing errands next week-I guess I will have to golf.  :)  Today has been busy so far.  My poor computer is asking for a break.  Four newsletters - three for Beth and one for Camp - are done (I write Beth's newsletters because she doesn't have the patience to format them nicely) I am working on my blog post and then I will go back to another newsletter and updating the website.

Big night tonight.  Football Draft.  Beth and I are playing Fantasy Football again.  We have taken a few years off and realized that we missed it.  A friend is starting a new league and we jumped at the chance to join.

As many of you know I have a small Noro problem.  I can't get enough of it!!

We have six new colours of Noro Iro in stock.  Lots of purple which makes me very happy. The new Noro books for fall have not arrived yet but we are crossing our fingers that they will be here sometime this week.

Iro is a chunky weight yarn, 75% wool and 25% silk.  120m on a 100gram ball.



A few years ago I knit a great neckwarmer called Cherry Garcia. One skein of Iro, 8mm 40cm circular needle and a cable needle. Haven't tried cables? Here is a great way for you to learn them.

The pattern is from Hello Yarn and you can download it for free.

I wanted some other easy to knit, quick projects so I typed IRO into Ravelry.  A garment that grabbed my attention a few times was Liesl from Ysolda Teague.
Liesl is a round yoked cardigan worked from the neck down in a simple allover feather and fan lace pattern. Different effects can be achieved by using a variety of yarns in worsted to chunky weights and lots of options are given so that you can make Liesl your own by varying the neckline depth, body and sleeve lengths and cast off method. Fasten your finished cardigan with any number of buttons, a ribbon bow or perhaps a special pin.
Feather and Fan along with self striping yarn.  This can't be a bad thing. Why isn't this already hanging in my closet?

Ysolda is a young Scottish designer and her work is amazing.  You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry or on Ysolda's website.

1 comment:

purplekatkin said...

That really looks nice.I'm going to try to make one for Christmas,Yes i said the word !!!!!!