Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Noro

As you all know I don't really like Noro yarns. NOT!!! Yesterday we received another shipment of these great yarns. Boy did I want to bring some home and work with it but I have to finish Iris for the Knitter's Fair.

Included in the box was Noro #26. Every season Noro puts out a pattern book and the new book has some great designs.

This jacket is knit in one colour of Silk Garden from side to side. You cast on 20 stitches with one ball and then cast on 20 stitches using another ball. This is repeated until the required number of stitches are cast on. The jacket is worked using the Intarsia technique but all with the same colour.

Entrelac looks great in Noro. This sweater (for men and women) is also knit in Silk Garden.

There will also be a magazine coming from Jane Ellison called Noro Men.

The first sleeve of Iris is done and I am almost at the shaping of the second sleeve. I took a picture but it didn't turn out well. Hopefully the sweater will be done soon so I can show off a finished project.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that jacket!!