Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Socks

I just got the phone call from mom. "When are you going to update your blog?" She didn't see that I did a post yesterday but to make her happy I am doing another one now.

The Knitter's Frolic is coming up on April 26 in Toronto. There is a market on Saturday and workshops are running Saturday and Sunday. We are trying to get samples of new yarns knit up for the show. These are two pairs of socks that Lynda knit for us. Yes, I could have knit them but this way they are finished and I don't have to worry about it.

My pictures came out too bright-the socks are hanging at the front door and the sun is out today. I could complain that I didn't get good pictures but it is amazing to have sun so I won't.

This is Monkey knit out of Baby Boom from Fiesta in the Clematis colourway.

This is Pomatomus knit out of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Socks-Tuscany colourway. I love this pattern and seeing it knit in person did not disappoint me.

Jane is knitting like crazy on the Oakleaf Shawl for the store. On Monday she was almost finished the body so I am hoping she will be done by this Monday. We are almost out of the Baby from Dream in Color. I called today and put in an emergency order for everything they had in stock. We have about eight colours coming that will be here next week. The rest of the colours won't be here until May.

The new season of American Idol really started last night. We are down to the final 12. We have an interesting group of contestants. Last night they sang John Lennon and/or Paul McCartney songs. The country singer really needs to go. We taped it and then watched the whole two hour show in under one hour-it is amazing how much better it is when you don't have to listen to Ryan or watch commercials.

No comments: