Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Pictures

Some days it is really hard to come up with a title for a post.

What is with the weather? Snow storm on Friday. Beautiful, warm and sunny yesterday. Freezing rain today and snow tonight.

We had a guild meeting last night. Mandi and Jocelyn taught crochet edgings. Many of the ladies were afraid of crochet but came away with a much better understanding.

I haven't had much time to knit but here is the progress on my baby sweater.

I have been unpacking more boxes. This is Baby Boom from Fiesta yarns. Two skeins will knit a pair of socks. They hand dye yarns in New Mexico and the colours are fabulous.

A box from Handmaiden arrived today as well. It was filled with kits for the Storm Water Shawl. The yarn is Sea Silk (70% Silk, 30% Seacell) and the colours are amazing. Each kit has 800m of yarn that can be used for this shawl or any other shawl you want to knit.

While playing on Ravelry I found this amazing wrap from Jane Thornley. Of course I had to purchase the pattern. Jane loves 'free form' knitting meaning the pattern is not written as a standard pattern. For many of us it is a bit of a challenge because we are used to the pattern telling us to do A, then B, then C. The great thing about the shawl is that it really doesn't matter. Of course I had to start it. I am using browns and purples. I hope to bring to work tomorrow and get a picture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Baby Boom looks amazing!! Good luck with that free form shawl - I can't wait to see how it turns out.