Monday, February 25, 2008

Pictures of my knitting!!

The hat is called Fake Isle-you can download the pattern from MagKnits. Sarah was knitting it in class on Thursday night so I decided to knit one over the weekend. It took one ball of Noro Kureyon and half a skein of Cascade 220. It was very easy to do and would make a great class for teaching Fair Isle knitting (it is on my to do list for fall). Beth has decided that since it fits her head I should give it to her.
This is sleeve one of my Noro Silk Garden Lite Cardigan. I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to start anything new but the colour and pattern were calling my name. The pattern is from the new Sirdar Eco Wool magazine. It is a perfectly plain cardigan with garter stitch collar. I started knitting it last weekend while watching the Daytona 500. All my knitting required paying attention and this didn't. (See, you can always justify starting a new project).

I just finished unpacking a box from Dream in Color. This is the Oakleaf 3/4 shawl knit out of their new Baby Lace Weight Yarn. The yarn is 100% Superfine Australian Merino Superwash. There are 700 yards on a 4oz skein. Two skeins are needed for this shawl (pattern is free when you purchase the yarn.)

I received three skeins each of the following colours
-Blue Lagoon
-Visual Purple
-Deep Sea Flower
-Ruby River
-Dusky Aurora
-Lunar Zazzle
-Pansy Golightly
-Punky Fuschia

I am just placing another order with Dream in Color and have ordered
-Spring Tickle
-Flamingo Pie
-Cloud Jungle
We can order any colour, just let me know what you would like.

2 comments:

May said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
May said...

How much is the lace yarn selling for? I don't see it on your website?

Thanks,
May