Monday, May 28, 2007

Just checking in

I have absolutely no knitting to report-the needles weren't picked up over the weekend. Maybe tomorrow I will get some more accomplished on the Dawn Shawl.

Beth and I did some more damage house shopping today. We met Bev up at Vaughn Mills and went through all the furniture stores. We bought our counter stools for the breakfast bar in the kitchen. Unfortunately no couches called our names but we still have a couple weeks left. We also purchased the last of the bedding that we needed. There is a huge pile in Beth's warehouse of purchases-luckily we have big vehicles for move in day.

I wasn't paying attention on Saturday morning and spilt a tea all over my computer keyboard. Of course it didn't work after this so I had to go out and get a new one-this one is wireless which will be nice in the new house.

The office in our new house doesn't have a phone jack. I know, it doesn't make sense but they didn't put one in. I decided to get a wireless router so the computer will work anywhere and hopefully the laptop will as well. I spent hours yesterday trying to set it up but of course the instructions were terrible. After another hour today talking with my internet provider it is working.

Thursday morning, Bev and I are leaving for Columbus, Ohio. The car will be loaded up with Canadian chocolate bars. Debbie Bliss is in love with Oh Henry bars. I introduced her to them when she taught in my store a couple of years ago and now it is required that I bring her some whenever I see her. The rest will be for the ladies from Mountain Colors. They mentioned that they loved chocolate when I placed my first order with them years ago. Now I bring them chocolate that we have in Canada and they don't have. It is a small bribe to get my yarn faster!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The wireless router is totally worth enduring the pain involved in setting it up! You can be on the deck, enjoying the sun and be on-line!

Samantha said...

Chocolate is a good bribe ... I could go for being bribed with some chocolate. LOL I'm glad you got the wireless set up ... I've heard they can be a pain.