Thursday, April 19, 2007

New project

I had to start a new project today. We received a shipment this morning of the spring yarns from Naturally and in the box was Dawn, a lace weight silk/wool blend. I started this shawl (on the new Addi lace needles) in between reading a book, The Friday Night Knitting Club. So far I am enjoying the book-the story is keeping me interested. There are a few knitting references that are wrong but it isn't bothering me.

I casually asked Blue Sky Alpacas for some garments for the Knitter's Frolic. I really love that company. The garments arrived today and they made sure that the samples were in colours that I have in stock. Nothing is worse than getting a model and then you don't have that colour to sell.

We received a HUGE shipment of Mountain Colors Bearfoot today. I think we might have every colour in stock right now.

Today was a very long day. Beth and I were in the warehouse by 8am to start shipping orders. After work I met with our real estate agent. The builder had done the pricing on our upgrades. WOW. Now we have to sit down and decide what is important. I can tell you that I won't be getting the glass shower. My class started without me. Nobody baked tonight but Phyllis brought donuts. They really love their treats.

Congrats to Kristin-she had the baby today. A girl!!! Okay, I guess my day wasn't that long-I didn't go through labour.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The shawl looks really pretty - I like the colour too!

Good luck whittling down your list of 'druthers!!

Jenn said...

What shawl pattern is that? It looks easy to memorize.

Julie said...

The pattern is from Naturally-pattern N1090 (I think)