Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Another finished project

Martingale just brought out a new book called Silk Knits by Elaine Eskesen. The book talks about the ins and outs of knitting with silk and silk-blend yarns. This circular vest is knit out of Noro Silk Garden. Many of you are asking for vest patterns and this is a great one. It's knit all in one piece so new sewing which is a huge plus.

Speaking of silk, here is a picture of the Claudia Handpaint silk that I have in the store. Wannietta was very excited yesterday when I mentioned her knitting a shawl out of it.

I finished my crochet scarf. It took 4 balls of Trendsetter Tonalita. If it was for myself, I would add another ball.

I am off to knitting guild. Tonight we have a guest in teaching different methods for casting on. I am going to listen and continue on with my ribbing-4" done and 2" more to go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes I am!!! The colours are gorgeous & I can't wait to feel the soft crunchiness (I know, but it's an accurate oxymoron) of it in my hands.