Sunday, January 28, 2007

Why I have a yarn shop

When doing the taping for CH Morning Live, Lori asked my 'why do you have a yarn shop?' There are the obvious reasons-I like to knit, love to fibres, etc, etc. I couldn't put into words the real benefit of having the shop.

Saturday morning Lisa came into the store with her daughter Sam. Lisa started knitting about 5 years ago and is self taught. She started out with basic, easy to knit garments for her daughter. Over the years she has learned with some help from us how to cable, sew together, use the proper needle size, you know, all the basics. Sam quickly undid her jacket to show me a sweater that Lisa had knit for her. It had a lace panel up the front. Lisa was beaming. She said it was her favourite sweater to date. It fit Sam perfectly!!! Until recently, Lisa did a lot of knitting but we never saw the finished project. She never knit for herself either. Now we see Lisa quite a bit with her finished projects. This is why I have a store!!! To see the expression on a customer's face when they have finished a project and it worked out. It fits and looks great.

I slept most of the day but am now getting ready to watch 'The Apprentice'. So far this season has been great. Whoever came up with the losing team living in tents is a genius.

My class schedule is almost done. I am hoping that Korey will have it on the website in the next couple of days. If you are interested in classes, contact me and I will email directly to you.

There have been some problems with the website over the past week that could go into this week. The server keeps crashing and they are working on getting a new one. If you can't get the site, please try again later in the day.

No comments: