Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Leaving comments on blogger

Customers come in the store and tell me that they read the blog and wanted to comment but couldn't because they don't have a blog. I require this because I was getting spam comments before I added that feature. Who would have thought of spam on blogger but it is there.

If you want to comment on something, look to the left column and under my profile it says 'contact me'. Just click on this and send me an email. If you would like it posted, I will copy it to the blog-just let me know.

I didn't get the shawl done today. Jane worked so that I could get some paperwork done before going away. I also needed to have my nails done (fingers and toes). Not sure why I had my toes done-it is going to be way too cold to wear sandals. The temperatures in San Diego are ranging from 13-17 during the day and 1-7 at night (for those of you who don't know metric 55-63 and 35-45) Vegas is even colder 7-9 during the day and -1 to -3 at night (44-48 and 26-29). That is really, really cold for Vegas.

I am having more fun with my computer. When I first got the computer I put Windows onto it. With the new parallels program (so I don't have to turn it off when I want to switch between Mac and Windows) I installed the Windows again. I keep getting the message to register Windows and have been putting it off until yesterday. I can't register it because it has already been used-on the same computer but that doesn't count. Microsoft doesn't want to listen and says I have to buy another copy of Windows. Okay, I will do that. Unfortunately there is a new Windows coming out at the end of January so why buy a program when a better one is coming out? So for now I am restarting to jump between.

My other fun today was with the hotel we are staying at in San Diego. I booked the rooms (4 in all) at least 6 months ago and requested 2 non-smoking rooms and 2 smoking rooms. I have talked with them at least 3 times since them to change dates, add names, etc and ask each time to make sure that the rooms are correct. I called the actual hotel today (not the toll free reservations line) and they have 3 non-smoking rooms and 1 smoking room. For those who know Bev-she must have a smoking room. That leaves Beth and I in a non-smoking room. We had the same problem last year and ended up in a non-smoking room (with a king size bed) that had a small balcony so we could go outside to smoke. I told them this was not acceptable and the answer was that I could make a new reservation for a smoking room but the extra cost would be $60 a night. For those of you who know me, I was hopping mad. After a 30 minute conversation (not to a toll free number) they finally agreed to switch the room at no cost. Some of you are going to say 'just quit smoking' but that isn't the point. When you are already paying $190 a night for a room you would think they could get the reservation right.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I didn't even know that you smoke. must not be that observant. LOL I'd be hopping mad too. Its not like you waited until the last minute to book the rooms. I hope it gets straightened out ...

Dorothy said...

At $190.00 a night, you would think that they would be competent enough to do their jobs correctly.

I would have been mad too since I didn't get what I was paying for.