Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I knit today

Even with customers in the store today I did find some time to knit. I finished the back and one sleeve of Kilcar. (After publishing and re-reading my post it looks like I knit the whole back and sleeve today. Both had been started and I just had to add some rows to finish. I knit fast but not that fast!!) This is the sleeve that was taken inside the store. The picture taken outside is a close up of the back. It really shows the stitch definition but the colour is way off.
















I like knitting with the yarn (Debbie Bliss Donegal Chunky Tweed). I have a small problem with the pattern though. Debbie says to knit 80 rows on the back before the armhole shaping. Luckily I looked at the schematic because I was at least 3" short to what the measurement should be. I am afraid that people knitting this jacket will follow her pattern and be disappointed when done because it is too short. I would rather the pattern said to knit to ___".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I almost always have this problem because my row tension is usually tighter than what is called for.

It looks great - I'll have Vero in the mail tomorrow. Really.

Moe said...

I love your colors! I'm knitting the same sweater in the gray color (02) and I love it, but I was wondering if you were having any problems with the instructions for the front? For the life of me, I can't figure out what they mean by begin in Pattern A and end in Pattern B for the left side, and nothing matches up! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

PS your dogs are adorable!

Moe said...

thanks for responding! i've posted the question to knittinghelp.com, too -- so far no luck, but i think i'm closer to figuring it out. will keep you posted!