Saturday, July 08, 2006

I should be sleeping

Beth started a poker tournament at 9 and at 11 decided she needed to go to bed. I took over and ended up 14th-not bad but I should have made it further.

It is now 1:30 in the morning. Mom, Dad and Beth are leaving at 4am for the airport and then off to Vancouver for an Alaskan cruise. Beth and I are leaving for their house around 3:30 so I am not sure if I should even go to sleep. My job for the next week is looking after 3 dogs-luckily Mom and Dad have a king size bed because all 3 dogs sleep on it. I was invited to go on the cruise with them but someone would end up overboard. I love my parents but if I was to spend a week in a cabin with them someone wouldn't be coming home so Beth is going.

I am still waiting on the arrival of the Namaste bags. I am hoping the mail man will make me happy this week.

We did receive a large shipment of Prism Stuff today. There is a great cape pattern coming for fall in the new Prism book. I am totally in love with the 'stuff' yarns. I really, really want/need scarves out of every colour. If I am having a really bad day I will wind a skein and knit up a scarf. The colours that Laura Bryant puts together are amazing.

My first shipment of Berroco Ultra Alpaca also arrived. Only the off white came but there are many more coming later in the month. This is the Panobo shrug (a free pattern) that one of my knitters will be making for me. The Addison coat is one of the designs using Ultra Alpaca found in magazine #250. I am truly amazed that Berroco is able to come up with so many new designs. You might not know this but Norah Gaughan has joined Berroco which means we will be seeing many of her amazing cabled designs this fall. I have said this before but if you aren't receiving their newsletter, go to their website and sign up. It is one of the best in the industry.

2 comments:

Tania A said...

I'm dying to make that Pnaobo shrug myself, but it has to wait until I've destashed some, and can afford to buy the yarn.

Samantha said...

I hope the mailman makes you happy this week. :)