Sunday, July 23, 2006

I am a bag blogger

Although I haven't really accomplished much over the last week I have been crazy busy.

There is hardly any knitting to report. I am almost done Bettna-hope to finish this week. With the hot, humid weather I haven't felt like knitting. Instead I have been reading. Just finished the latest book by Jilly Cooper-over 800 pages so it kept me busy for the past week.

The fall Berroco is now in the store. This meant rearranging shelves. For me this means throwing things into the middle of the store and then moving everything around. There is really way too much yarn in the store!!! Jane is knitting Fleur out of Foliage. I am totally in love with this. You start by knitting 680 rows of moss stitch for the border and then picking up and working in rounds towards the middle.

I was told that the fall Rowan is on the way from England. They are claiming that Rowan #40 should be here by August 1. The mini-magazines will be a bit later.

The current dilemma in my life is that the lease on my BMW is up in 3 weeks and I have to find something to lease. What I want is way too much money (Cadillac Escalade). I have been looking on the internet and tomorrow is car shopping day.

I am off to the couch to watch the finish of the British Open.

5 comments:

Tania A said...

*dangles a pocketwatch in front of your face slowly* Pontiac .. you want a Pontiac.

In all seriousness, what sort of car are you looking at? Buick has the Lucerne if you're looking luxury sedan. If you're wanting more sporty, the Pontiac G6 and the Soltice are both very nice .. I prefer the G6 myself. I have a Pontiac Torrent .. if you like SUV's they're very nice, and come with some cool options .. the 07's are going to be even better, so I've heard from hubby, who sells them. GMC has the Yukon, which are hella nice if you like bigger SUVs too .. you did say you wanted and Escalade, right?

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous!! I bought Jilly's "Wicked" but when I've had a chance to read I've been finishing up my Inspector Banks mysteries. Wicked is next!

Julie said...

"Wicked" was very good-couldn't put it down. I just wish she could write books faster!!!

As for cars, I am looking for an SUV-going to see a Navigator tomorrow. I really, really like the Solstice but it isn't a good snow car.

Rhonda said...

Lovely jacket, but who wants to knit 680 stitches in moss. Maybe Wannietta(world's fastest knitter).

Samantha said...

Great jacket ... that's a lot of moss stitch. :)