Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Home Again

Flying on the red eye is a very tiring experience. We left Vegas at midnight and landed in Toronto at 7am. Luckily we were the first flight through customs so it went quickly.

I didn't get much knitting done but there is some progress to report. I decided to start a shrug called Tempest. The pattern is one of Berroco's free patterns for fall. I am knitting with Naturally's Merino et Soie in a chocolate brown. It is knit in two pieces and you do a three needle bind off for a seam in the back. I don't have any pictures yet but I am finished the lace on one side and am working my way through the stocking stitch.

Vegas was amazing as always. The weather was very, very hot (107-110 every day). If any of you follow poker, you will know about the World Series of Poker very year in Vegas. We were there for some mini-tournaments before the main event starts. We watched some of the best and well known poker players in the world-Doyle Brunson, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Helmuth, etc, etc. If you have watched them on tv, we saw them play.

I will expand a bit on the trip later, my bed is calling me right now.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

That's a really cool shrug. I'm glad to see you back on this side of the continent. Enjoy your bed. :)