Monday, May 08, 2006

Why do we have to block?

My Trendsetter cardigan is done. Well almost. The knitting is finished and I started to sew in one sleeve. The fronts aren't sitting flat and it really does need blocking. I hate blocking!!! It takes time and I want to wear it. Now that I am done ranting I will go into knitting teacher mode-it is important to block your finished garments.

I spent the day at my suppliers seeing the new fall yarns. AMAZING. There is so much to tell but I am going to give you just a taste.
  • From Noro there are 2 new yarns and new colours in the existing yarns. Kureyon and Silk Garden will be arriving by the end of the month.
  • The Rowan/RY/Jaeger is fabulous. Enough said.
  • Great new sock program from Lang. There will be new colours introduced every 6 weeks. These are limited quantity-once they are gone we can't get them again.
  • New colours in Lana Grossa sock yarns.
  • Lang has done a great self-striping yarn in a wool/acrylic blend. It won't felt which means it will knit up a great pair of socks.
  • Debbie Bliss is re-introducing her Aran tweed and there is supposed to be a new book for it. The good news is that the price is being reduced.
  • New yarns from Sirdar with great patterns.
  • Sirdar is also bringing out a new 'tool' that lets you use yarn to make cool, loopy scarves without knitting.
  • New yarns from Louisa Harding.
  • 10 new yarns from Trendsetter including an chunky weight self-striping yarn called Granito that I really, really need.

I decided to write another newsletter to email out and was talking about the new Noro. Jane Ellison is doing another book for the yarn so I decided to see if she has a website and the answer is yes. You can read her blog, see pictures and find out what is coming.

Gotta go. Busy watching the Sabres winning the hockey game-just barely, the score is 2-1 right now. Beth and I have been Sabres fans since we were very young. Much to the displeasure of our dad who is a dye hard Leaf fan.

Oh, I also went shoe shopping. Enough said about that as well.

No comments: