Monday, May 15, 2006

Quilting

On Saturday a customer, Amy, was in the store talking about the quilt shop that she works in. I decided to take mom for a drive this morning to Guelph to visit Greenwood Quiltery. My mom bought me the fabrice to make a Kaffe Fassett quilt called Pastel Gridlock from his book Caravan of Quilts. Unfortunately my sewing machine is in terrible shape so we continued up the road for a new machine. This is my new Janome Quilter's Companion.

Sarah who works Saturday in the store decided that she wanted to start sewing and quilting while visiting the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival a couple of weeks ago. We now have matching sewing machines.

This is the fabric that I got but unfortunately I couldn't get all the colours I wanted so I just placed an order online with Glorious Color.

I decided that I should polish up my sewing, it's been a while, so I pulled out some quilt fabric from my stash and started an easy quilt of squares. I have been working for the last 7 hours and it is half done. I didn't get pictures of the quilt so far-the batteries in the camera died on me so I will get some pictures for you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Only you Julie. I wish I had your energy - wait one day I will! Have fun!

Samantha said...

Cool. I've always wanted to learn how to sew. I'm sure your quilt will be great!

Rhonda said...

You surprise me all the time. I knew your mom quilted, but you! Can't wait to see the finshed quilt.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it!! I really do love Kaffes' quilts.

Tania A said...

I envy you. I love quilts, but haven't managed to keep my attention on anything long enough to make one. That looks like a beautiful design too.