Thursday, May 18, 2006

New noro, felted bag, cute felted bag pattern and quilt

Just got in a box of the new Noro Silk Garden (7 colours-#241 and up) and Kureyon (10 colours-#172 and up). In true Noro fashion they are amazing.
Last night in knitting class Susan was wearing her finished Bettna from Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton's Noro Book 3. Everyone tried it on and they are going to be happy with the new selection of colours. The jacket fits great and is easy to knit. The bottom is stocking stitch-quick and easy. You then start at the bottom of the sleeve and knit to the center back and repeat for the other sleeve. In the center back you do a 3 needle bind off to join and finish off by doing the neck band.

I finished my Cabin Fever bag this afternoon. The picture looks funny because there is one bag ready to be felted and another just waiting to be cast off. Last week I was playing with the Vero and used 6 balls so I rewound the balls and made 2 bags.

While reading some blogs this morning I came across a pattern for the cutest bag using one ball of Noro Kureyon. I am going to try it using 184. The picture isn't the greatest but it is a mixture of fuchsia, green, orange and teal.

My quilt is coming along. Sarah wanted to see it at class last night so I laid out the squares so far for her to see. The picture is 4 squares across and 4 squares down. The finished quilt will be 2 rows of squares longer.

I have learned alot while doing this. I also came to the conclusion that I better make one more quilt before starting on my Kaffe Fassett. Like knitting there are lots of little tricks that make everything go together better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colours of your quilt - and I think it looks great!

What are you going to do with all these quilts? Just curious ... lol

Julie said...

Wannietta, not a clue, but I'm having fun. It is like putting colours together for a sweater-very addicting.

Unknown said...

I love the jacket; it is stunning and I can't imagine any of them looking bad. The little Noro bags are so cute too. Can't wait to how many you whip up!