Sunday, May 28, 2006

Felting 101

I finished my Cabin Fever bag (Naturally Vero) plus 3 of the small bags that need only 1 ball of yarn. Two were knit in Noro Kureyon and the other was knit in Naturally Vero Tweeds. They are currently drying in the bathtub. I will try and get pictures tomorrow.

I have done a lot of felting so I thought I knew alot about it. Well, I learned a few things today.

Here are some observations
  1. The tweeds don't show up in the felting.
  2. The Vero felted in 10 minutes.
  3. The Vero felted much smaller than the Kureyon
  4. One colour of Kureyon felted in 25 minutes and the other took 35 minutes. The 35 minute bag should have been felted a little more-it is bigger than the other bag.
Conclusion
  1. The softer the wool, the quicker it felts.
  2. You can't assume that different colours of the same yarn will felt the same.
The rest of my Kaffe Fassett fabric arrived (thanks Glorious Color) on Thursday. My quilt is almost done and I am getting ready to start another. When these 2 are done I will be ready to start on my Fassett.

No comments: