Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Progress Report

I have been knitting my little fingers off. So far I have completed one sleeve and the back is done to the armholes. I am 10 balls in and I figure that the sweater will take around 25-26. Not bad on knitting time but the finishing is going to take a while so I have to pick up the pace. I haven't posted a picture because you can't see anything on the brown.
My big mistake was telling my dad what I was doing. He calls me daily for a progress report. Then I get comments like, 'Can't you knit any faster? or Shouldn't you be at home knitting rather than going out?'

Sirdar yarns arrived in the store yesterday which means I have to spend part of the morning rearranging more shelves. This really cuts into knitting time.

The cutest pattern arrived yesterday from Fiber Trends for a felted hedgehog. I would definitely be starting this except I can't because of my sweater. I think that I will knit one like the picture for my store and then a funky one that will be done in purple. I collect purple teddy bears and this will make a great addition to the collection. These bears live in my room in Myrtle Beach and so far the collection is up to 40.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Cute hedgehogs. :) You seem to be making good progress on your project. I'm sure you'll get it done in time with plenty of time left to sew it all together. :)

Rhonda said...

Save me a hedgehog pattern. That's too cute. Sounds like your sweater is progressing nicely.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're doing great! It is only Day 4 of the Olympics - your day cracks me up! He could be your musher; "faster, faster..."

I love the Hedgehog - I think you have to put one aside for me too!

Unknown said...

Sorry, your DAD....

Unknown said...

They're adorable Julie. Can you save a pattern for me too please?

And I think that it's sweet that your Dad is interested. I explained it all to Kerwyn and I think that he understands on a purely intellectual level. lol